Monday, November 28, 2011

my son.

this is oliver. on december 10th he will have lived one full year of life.
he shares the same cap with a daughter of my friend should look here

im so incredibly grateful to God for choosing me to be his mother.


Thursday, November 17, 2011

side effects.

Shannon is having some side effects from her treatment. Would you consider praying for her?

Update: Shannon is beginning to show side effect symptoms: fever, vomiting, high potassium, high heart rate, pain and irritability. We are still grateful that she has done as well as she has.


Tuesday, November 15, 2011

another update!!

Update: Shannon's pulse and oxygen are strong tonight 128/100. She had some pretty severe acid reflux today so they are adjusting her medications to help shut her acid production down until this process is over. She had many moments of content awake time which is such a blessing.

Tomorrow we begin 8 hours of ATG and we are need of prayer over Shannon against any of the allergic reactions: hives, high fevers, swelling, severe chills, trouble breathing, vomiting, diarrhea, and lethargy. Please stand with us and call for angels to be around Shannon and for the Holy Spirit to stand guard in her body. The infusion will begin at 9am along with both other chemo drugs. The next 2 days will be intense as she receives the 3 - Fludarbine, ATG, & Busufane.

The Lord has asked us to walk through this process in faith and in faith we ask Him to protect her body and let the doctors be amazed by the miraculous. The hospital coordinator/administrator stopped me today and said, "this is a hard place to be, but I get the chance to see miracles"...and Shannon already is one.

look at her beautiful face! what amazing eyes she has. Shannon is definitely a Murphy : )


Day 2 of Chemo.

day 2 of chemo begins at 6am. The zofran seems to keep the nausea down and Shannon continues to eat. Her nurse told me earlier this morning that the Busulfan side effects begin 2-3 weeks after the first dose. So for now nausea is most of what we would see. She is such a trooper. Still praying for deliverance.

Update: Shannon is needing oxygen still but it is on and off. It is most likely caused by the anti seizure meds. She is beginning to spit up and reflux so protonix has been added to give her relief. But all and all she looks good and I got a smile today. Praising God for that.


Monday, November 14, 2011

Shannon started chemo..

hi, im sorry for being out of commission the past few days but here is the latest update!!

Update: chemotherapy started at 6am this morning. Shannon's oxygen sats aren't hight enough so we have the blow by on her which is a funnel of oxygen. She has had zofran and ativan to keep her from being nauseous, and IV fluids along with morphine. She has so many lines coming out of her you have to be careful not to get caught in them! She is a trooper, super strong...God's got this.


Tuesday, November 8, 2011

more ways to pray...

Here are some specifics from Courtney to pray about for the near future...

Update: IV line in Shannon's head is still holding. She is having pain when they send her medications intravenously so they have slowed the release to 2ml / hr. She is on morphine and adivan for pain management. I called the PICC line off this morning bc the chance of having her NPO for 10 hrs or more was too great and she was under too much stress. I felt peace about keeping her medicated for any further IV placements should another IV go bad before Thursday. Tomorrow Ryan and I meet with our team of doctors to sign release paperwork and go over Shannon's Road Map for treatment. The Central Line surgery is set for Thursday, but of course we have no call time yet.
Please pray with us:
1. That for the first time and the last time her surgery is on time.
2. That the echocardiogram can take place at same time as surgery to avoid two separate sedations.
3. That her IV holds
4. That Shannon's severe diaper rash clears before chemo starts and the skin that is open will close and grow back
5. That Shannon continues to hold her oxygen without support
6. That she doesn't have to be NPO for longer than 6 -8 hours day of surgery

ALL things are possible through Christ. We wait on Him.

so grateful,

Pray for Peace....

here is the latest heartbreaking update...

Please pray for peace over Court and Shannon, our baby hasn't eaten since 2am and they failed to do an ultrasound for the procedure this morning. Now they are yet again waiting as as other dept is trying to squeeze Shannon into there already busy schedule... The miscommunication is very hard to handle, especially with people who are supposed to be keeping the child first and always... Please re-post and spread the word to pray for them!

Her heart rate went way high and her oxygen dropped bc she starting holding her breathe and screaming. She turned gray/blue and Court called it. No procedure today cuz they couldn't get there act together and Shannon was suffering.. Patience and guidance and strength God, please we pray.

Isaiah 55:8-13

For my thoughts are not your thoughts,
neither are your ways my ways, declares the Lord.
For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
so are my ways higher than your ways
and my thoughts than your thoughts.
“For as the rain and the snow come down from heaven
and do not return there but water the earth,
making it bring forth and sprout,
giving seed to the sower and bread to the eater,
so shall my word be that goes out from my mouth;
it shall not return to me empty,
but sit shall accomplish that which I purpose,
and shall succeed in the thing for which I sent it.
“For you shall go out in joy
and be led forth in peace;
the mountains and the hills before you
shall break forth into singing,
and all the trees of the field shall clap their hands.
Instead of the thorn shall come up the cypress;
instead of the brier shall come up the myrtle;
and it shall make a name for the Lord,
an everlasting sign that shall not be cut off.”


Monday, November 7, 2011

Shannon very swollen : (

Latest updates from last night and today!

Update: I spoke with the attending surgeon last night and she explained that a surgery for Shannon without 48 hours of clear cultures is too big a risk. Dr. Chung said best case scenario is a new line on Friday. So more IV's and blood draws each day until then. Her little hands are so swollen from leaky IV's. She is still fluid positive and we turned her oxygen up last night, but it's still a small amount of oxygen so that is a praise report.
Please pray for the Lord to release Shannon from this burden but that if His plan is for her to walk through this that He would cover her from any more pain and smooth everything out. He doesn't promise a life without suffering, but He does promise to be her deliverer, her comfort, her covering, and her provider and her peace. We are desperate.

both of Shannon's hands and arms are completely blow and swollen from the IVs. She has to have another IV inserted by 12 today. Please pray over.

Isaiah 54:10

For the mountains may depart
and the hills be removed,
but my steadfast love shall not depart from you,
and umy covenant of peace shall not be removed,”
says the Lord, who has compassion on you.


Saturday, November 5, 2011

Chemo to start next week.

Update: Tentative surgery for line placement Monday at 2:30pm along with a hearing test and echocardiogram. Still retaining fluid but hasn't needed to be suctioned in the last 12 hours!! Praise God!!

That's sort of where the good news ends...the doctors came in this morning and said they aren't going to intervene anymore with the fluid retention bc they don't want to tax Shannon's kidneys before chemo. They said, "she may not look good or feel good now, but this is way better than we are going to make her feel in a week when chemo starts. You will watch her deteriorate far more than this."

So what can we expect:
Mouth sores/ulcers in mouth, throat, and stomach. Diaper rashes worse than we have ever seen as her body expels the the cells chemo will kill. Weight loss. A feeding tube. Vomiting. Severe abdominal pain. Dry and cracked skin. Dry and cracked mouth along with the sores. And that they say should last a month or more.
No. Can I say that? Can I wrap her up and just take her home and rescue her from that?
Please pray with me. I'm begging God to less this pass over her. To spare her the agony that she can't understand. I'm asking the Lord to let her surgery be On Time with no more than 6 hours without eating and that the OR and the echocardiogram will coordinate and happen at the same time. Please pray for my daughter. My heart aches for her. Our family is desperate for the Lords mercy.

Update from last night

Update: thank you to everyone praying for our baby girl. The respiratory team has suctioned Shannon's nose and chest twice. Her oxygen stats will stabilize and then at other times drop below normal. She is on a small amount of oxygen, but what keeps her from getting off of it is the swelling in her lung tissues. After they did the transfusion Thursday Shannon simply has not been able to release all the fluid she was given she has ballooned in size and has over a 1/2 lb of fluid in the tissues. The doctors want to see Shannon pee that fluid out by tomorrow. Shannon has been tested for viral pnuemonia and that test comes back tomorrow. She has soo much junk in her chest and throat that she can't swallow or drink her bottle down. She at times looks frightened. It's painful to see. But we are grateful she is getting oxygen even though her throat and chest are so full and she sounds blocked like croup.
Lord we need You. We call to You. We will continue to praise You and honor You. Please release my daughter from this swelling and pain so she can eat and sleep. You are God alone and we place her in your loving arms tonight. In Jesus name!

Friday, November 4, 2011

Shannon not breathing well.. please pray.

Here are a few updates from the past few hours... the latest update is not so good.

Update: sweet Shannon is extremely swollen. Her oxygen sats are better at 92 average. They are going to test her for any viruses. Her IV didn't hold so her little hand swelled up more and IV team had to place one in the other hand.
Praise Report: Staph infection testing negative for further growth!! Yay!! She is peeing and releasing some fluid. IV placement went smoothly. Tentative surgery scheduled for monday.
Prayer Request: for Shannon's swelling to release completely! For this IV to hold longer than the last one. For NO viral infection. For her lungs to take deep breaths and for her to NOT need oxygen anymore. For the OR to take Shannon on Monday for surgery on time and with no delay and Shannon to not have to go through more than 6 hours NPO. Prayer that the echocardiogram and hearing test to be done in the OR do Shannon doesn't need sedation more than once. And ultimately for God to heal Shannon completely. It is never to late for Him! But we chose to praise Him and trust Him no matter what He chooses.

please lift Shannon to the Father. She isn't breathing well at all. Her respirations are very high so they aren't allowing us to feed her for fear of aspirating.


Wednesday, November 2, 2011

medicaid approved transplant!!

hey all!

Here are the last two updates from Courtney : ) We please still pray for her infection and for her fever to STAY AWAY!!! love to you all.. thank you for being so faithful to pray : )

Update #1- 6 hrs ago--

Oh man. So the infection she has is not what they thought. It's a more aggressive Staff. The following needs to happen: a blood transfusion, draw blood cultures, continue antibiotics and oxygen. If the infection isn't under control in a couple days then she will have surgery to remove the line. Then will be given antibiotics through an IV for 3 days and then will have another surgery to put in a new line.
I'm so not okay with this. Begging God for an intervention and the ability to have peace and good attitude.

Update #2- 3 hrs ago--

UPDATE: Praise GOD!! Medicaid approved Shannon's transplant. HemOnc is ordering her cord blood which takes 3 days if it's international and 1 day within the U.S. Also...Shannon has not had a fever for over 6 hours now. I am believing our Lord that these antibiotics are working and that she will not need surgery to remove the line.
Prayer Request: That Shannon continues to respond to the antibiotics and that Lord's will be done. We ask the Lord for Shannon to be in chemo and ready for transplant by my birthday. That would be the best present on Earth.
November 10

love this verse!!

Then shall your light break forth like the dawn,
and your healing shall spring up speedily;
your righteousness shall go before you;
the glory of the LORD shall be your rear guard.
(Isaiah 58:8 ESV)


Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Shannon has an infection

This is a collection of updates from Courtney from the last 12 hours.. please pray for miracles!

Update #1--

Shannon is on an oxygen funnel. She continues to run a fever between 100.5-102. They have taken blood samples for culture. They started a broad spectrum antibiotic at 9:30pm tonight through her line. Her heart rat continues to run high between 200-212 due to the fever. IV fluids may start at some pointe tonight.
The peace of the Lord surpasses all understanding. Thank you for praying.

Update #2--

IV fluids. Temp 102.2. Added a 3rd antibiotic by line. Pulse Ox and rate go up and down. Blood pressure still good.

Update #3--

Fever is down! Pulse good and oxygen goes up and down. On IV fluids which brought heart rate and temp down. She is having tummy problems. Gave Adivan. Really think the pulse machine is off. But keeping oxygen on her. They r keeping her on Tylenol. She is on another antibiotic through her line. So that's 3 antibiotics. They are hopeful that will catch whatever this is. They have a sepsis protocol that we went over so that if she develops a blood infection they move fast and will get a PICU attending doctor and nurse here quickly. Sepsis is a blood infection.

Last update 2 hours ago--

Her blood tests and surgical entry site test came back. Both are positive for a staff infection. They are hitting it hard with antibiotics. We can't move forward with chemo until staff decreases. Can't push Medicaid. So we were told hopefully between a week to 3 weeks they can start treatment. Please this infection leaves now and God's will for Shannon's healing supernaturally be evident.

Im praying this for Shannon...

Isaiah 58:8-

Then shall your light break forth like the dawn,
and your healing shall spring up speedily;
your righteousness shall go before you;
the glory of the Lord shall be your rear guard.